What is wellbeing?
Mental health is an integral part of our overall health. Society generally believes that health is a biological and physical thing: the condition of our body, the healthly eat, and the physical exercise we do. However, there is a lack of a key component of health. This is mental health, including our inner workings and the way we describe our way of life.
There are some features related to human well-being.
- Sense of self as part of something greater
- Knowing and using our unique character strengths
- Desire for continued growth
- Having and pursuing interests
There are 4 main factors related to mental wellbeing
- Everybody needs proper sleep.
- It helps us to repair and restore brain functions, our muscles, immune systems and various other hormones.
- Average sleep hours is 8 hours.
- It depends on person’s schedule. If there is poor sleep, it effects to decrease in mental function physical tension a lack of awareness and attention to the world around us.
There are 4 component in nutrition
To have a balanced diet for good mental health person should add these 4 components of nutrition to his/her daily diet and should avoid junk food which makes a person stressful and unfit.
Person should at least work 8 hours. It is very important to adjust the working schedule.
Relaxation means the body and mind are free from tension or anxiety. To have complete relaxation a person needs to take a break from his /her stressful life. Therefore he/she may try to do the following
- Have a bath or shower
- Talk with your family members or with your friends
- Have a sleep
- Visit to a religious place
The following factors also help improve mental health
- Physical exercises
- Personal hygiene
- Abstaining from alcohol, drugs and smoking
Factors that harm mental wellbeing
- Heavy drinking drugs and smoking
- Different types of abuse (physical, emotional, sexual)
- Mental turmoil due to war situations
- Stressful environment
- Physical illnesses (chronic illness)
- Physical disabilities